LABOR DAY WEEKEND RETREAT FOR SYMPHONIC AND SYMPHONY
September 5 - September 7, 2020 - Whispering Winds, Julian CA
The 2020 Annual Retreat is mandatory for all Symphony and Symphonic members.
September 5, September 6, September 7, 2020 (Labor Day Weekend)
Whispering Winds, 17606 Harrison Park Rd. Julian, CA 92036
This is a mandatory annual three day retreat filled with sectionals taught by a staff of professional musicians, group rehearsals and instruction. Family and friends are invited up on Monday, September 7, 2020 to enjoy lunch and a concert by this season's Symphony and Symphonic Orchestras. You will be amazed at the progress they make in just one weekend.
1. Download Retreat Participation Forms, mail to PO Box by August 15, 2020.
2. Cost. The cost per participant is $285 if paid in full by August 15, 2020. The price after August 15, 2020 is $305.
You can pay here or mail a check with your paperwork to our P.O. Box 2170, San Marcos, CA 92079.
3. Get Music. Music was handed out during our August auditions. (Classical Academy HS, 207 E. Pennsylvania Ave, Escondido) Once you have the music, look it over and become familiar with it prior to the retreat. We start rehearsing this music at the retreat. If you can not pick up your music please contact Mr. Gilson and arrange a time to get your music.
4. Meet at our rehearsal location no later than 7:30 a.m. on Saturday, September 5, 2020. The bus leaves for Whispering Winds in Julian at 8 a.m.
5. Arrange For Transportation Home. There is no group transportation on Monday so please plan on coming to the Monday concert and driving your kids home after the concert and lunch.
6. Monday, September 7, 2020 indoor concert begins at 11:30 a.m. and lunch immediately follows. Participant lunch is provided, however, family and guests pay $10 each for lunch. Please RSVP by listing on the registration form who plans to attend the lunch. If you have any diet restrictions, please let us know when you sign up.
7. All retreat participants need to be picked up at the end of the weekend on Monday, September 7, 2020 no later than 1 p.m.